Sunday, November 25, 2007

Daniel eating bread

Here is Daniel showing how Norwegian he really is. He loves bread! The traditional Norwegian diet involves three meals of bread per day, for breakfast, lunch, and an evening meal. The bread can be topped with various cheeses, lunch meats (only one slice please!), jam, or liver paste (a favorite. comes in many varieties). Viggo's mom gives me strange looks if she hears tales of us eating more than one "warm meal" per day. Extravagant Americans! Ha. I bet Viggo will edit this post later so that no Norwegians reading our blog will feel insulted.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What can I say? Norwegians and my family in particular might be weird, but you Americans must agree with me that bread is healthier for a baby than hamburgers. Julia keeps insisting he needs at least two warm meals a day, and one of those should be a Big Mac, but I say he'll turn American soon enough. (Here's something for you to edit dear)

Unknown said...

Actually, Daniel may wind up craving a big bowl of Ugali each day. In fact, I predicted that he will move back to the U.S. as a young man and make is fortune by starting a chain named Ugali to Go. There will be a choice of toppings, just like in the frozen yogurt stores that were such a big craze for a while. Kids just have this way of taking some direction you never would have expected :-)

Pamela Joy said...

I think Viggo's lying. He's so ornery.
Did you guys know that you have one of the cutest babies in the world? It's really not fair, I'll never be able to compete with that.

Unknown said...

You might not be able to compete with Daniel Pamela, but maybe one day you'll have a baby just as cute as him :)

Sam Schnake said...

I LOVE BREAD!!!!