Sunday, April 22, 2007

At Home

I had to post my favorite new picture of Daniel below. He loves to lie under his play gym and look at his toys. Yesterday he had an online video conversation with his Grandma and he seemed to think that was pretty cool too. I should perhaps mention that the sleeping through the night mentioned in the last post was a one-time thing. We seem to be rather going downhill as far as that is concerned. He's still the perfect baby though.


We are happy to be in Norway for now, but are very much looking forward to going to Tanzania! When Viggo and I were getting married, I had a period of feeling very overwhelmed by the idea of truly leaving home, first for Norway, then for Africa. God gave me a verse from Psalm 23 that was a huge reassurance: "Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever". Viggo and I will probably live quite a few different places over the years, but wherever we go we will always be at home in the Lord.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a blessing I never even imagined. I knew skype would let us talk, but I didn't know duplex audio/video was a reality already. It should get better and better as compression techniques improve and bandwidth grows. Thank you a thousand times for setting it up Viggo. Thank you Julia for updating the blog. This means more to me than you may be able to imagine! I love you all. I was just praying for you when you called to initiate our Sunday morning skype session. I am going to get broadband for you in Tanzania even if I have to fly the Sullivan boys and a trunk of gear to Tanzania! Lord willing, of course.

Love,

Dad