Sunday, January 28, 2007

Daniel's most recent attempts to escape...

I think I'll just summarize a bit what has been happening since Viggo's last post, for those of you who don't always see Viggo's daily "updates" on the sidebar. Not that that much really "happens" on a daily basis here. However, there was major excitement last Friday, because I went into labor. I have had several episodes of contractions over the last few weeks, but this time it looked like the doctors weren't going to be able to stop it, and I was really going to give birth. I had much more painful contractions than I'd ever had before, and although the estimates seem to vary a bit, it seems likely that I dilated at least to 6cm or so. (I was 5cm before this episode of labor started). However, after a few hours of labor, things started to slow down, so the doctors decided to try one last time to stop them, and then the labor really did stop. It was actually a bit strange and almost sad for me, because I had adjusted to the idea that we were going to have the baby that night, and then there was no baby after all; things just went back to the same as before. Both the doctors and I thought I would probably go back into labor within the next couple of days, but nothing happened. Which is wonderful, of course, because my tummy is still by far the best and safest place for baby Daniel to be right now.

I did have some quite regular contractions for a couple of hours again on Tuesday evening, but it didn't get so far.

I wrote the above part yesterday evening. I had some contractions again after that, which eventually calmed down again, and I have been having some more painful ones this morning. Viggo still got to play soccer today, though! He just has to take along the cell phone and have someone on the sidelines hold onto it while he plays in case I call to say I'm having the baby. Really, things are still the same as they have been all along. It could happen any time now, or not. I guess that's all I'll be writing for now. I'm in a bit of pain and it's kind of hard to focus, so I'll let Viggo finish.

So far our focus has been on the baby, but a few days ago we became aware of the fact that it will be very difficult for me to stay in the US after March 8th, when my 90-day visa waiver expires. We're hoping to find a way for me to stay, but I might have to go home, or at least go to Europe, before I can return to the States. We've made a few phone calls to different government agencies, but have not been able to find a solution yet. We might try to get help from an imigration lawyer sometime next week. We really hope things will work out, so that I can stay here and that all three of us can travel home to Norway together.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Julia,

You don't post often, but when you do, it is excellent. I find that even though I actually converse with you more often than I read the posts, your writing gives me a perspective on you.
I am sorry for the trials you are enduring. I am grateful for the blessings you have known. When you do look upon Daniel face to face, that will be a moment you will never forget :-)

Dad

Anonymous said...

Julia,
I've been praying for God's perfect timing with Daniel's birth. I know He can work out every detail of this situation. When Daniel is born, Viggo's visa stuff... everything. I have also praying that He will give you both wisdom in making decisions and lead you to the best answers. I love you guys and wish I could be more of a help, but I know God is faithful and much more helpful that I am.

Today Theona and I read a book called "God Made My Body" the last page said this:
"You created the deepest parts of my being.
LORD, you put me together inside my mother's
body. How you made me is amazing and
wonderul. I praise you for that."
Psalm 139:13-14
Kind of a different translation, but we praise the Lord that Daniel has had so much extra time to grow strong inside his mother's body. He is certainly in control.
Love ya.
I've been wanting to call, but I don't want to catch you at a bad time. Talk to you later.
Vive.

Unknown said...

Barbara, remember "like father, like son", plus he'll probably have your bråkmaker genes (you can ask your daughter about what that means, or just click on it). You know, he might be quite a handful when he gets a bit older, and then maybe you'd wish the government would kick him out :)

Actually, I think he's going to be the most adorable little kid, but remember, grandma, patience is a virtue.

Barb said...

Oh, I can't wait to meet the little "brakmaker"!!!
Barb H.

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can bruit about that I approve of with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is quiet a question as you did in the decrease issue of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=xilisoft dvd to psp converter 4.0.96.1229 ?
I noticed the axiom you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg